Thursday, November 17, 2005

Welcome

We took a vacation from mid February to mid March of 2004 and visited Irma’s homeland of Argentina.

Like a typical American tourist, I wore Hawaiian shirts (even though at that time of year the nights were getting a little chilly.)  

Although I had heard many things about the South American lifestyle, I wasn’t prepared for what the reality was.  

I had spent my entire life in the USA and so did not fully understand the cultural differences that make Americans unique in the world.  I was used to full sized cars, utilities that can be taken for granted, and punctuality.

We offer a toast as we welcome you to the view of a foreign country through an American’s eyes.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It has been sometime since you last updated this blog. How have you been managing the cultural differences?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home